What are the features of Demat account?
- Posted by diyaequityadmin
- On March 11, 2020
- 0 Comments
Ease of investing in equity market without hassle of holding shares in physical form is one of the main feature of Demat account. As stocks are held in electronic format there is no fear of physical damage to share certificates or theft. A demat account is a safe, convenient, and an efficient way of holding your valuable investment certificates/securities.
Advantages/Benefits of Demat account
- Elimination of costs such as handling expenses, stamp duty, safety etc. which is involved in physical securities
- No paperwork since securities held in electronic form
- Electronic credit of all corporate action of the respective company directly to your Demat Account (Bonus/splits/mergers) or to the linked bank account (Dividends, etc.)
- Account can be opened under BSDA Facility (Basic Service Demat Account)
- Zero risk as it is the Secure and convenient way to keep track of shares
- Quick Settlement
- Time-Saving as electronic format is instant
- No Storage Risk –It eliminates the threat of theft, forgery, fake certificates, non-delivery, etc.